Traffic Coordinator (Remote Position: Grand Rapids, MI or Nashville, TN)
This position is not currently available, to see all of our job openings visit: https://www.carnegiedartlet.com/about/join-our-team/
The Traffic Coordinator maintains the health and efficiency of creative project management within the Creative umbrella of Carnegie Dartlet. In this role, they are responsible for the day-to-day management of resourcing, task movement, and communications related to all creative projects. This position reports directly to the EVP, Account Management and is at the same time accountable to the EVPs of Creative and Content. This individual will work solely with internal project teams made up of Account Managers, Art Directors, Design Strategists, and Content Strategists. A successful Traffic Coordinator will develop strong relationships with all cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of creative deliverables according to agreed-upon deadlines and established expectations. Our ideal candidate is able to identify roadblocks, competing priorities, and bottlenecks well ahead of critical delays and clear paths to ensure timely and successful deliveries. This role is an advocate for sufficient timelines and appropriate creative preparedness, while at the same time an advocate for processes, deadlines, and accountability. In addition, this role should be driven by a need for efficiency and as such, work to iterate, improve, and optimize existing processes and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate as the lead point of contact for creative resourcing and task management.
- Build and maintain strong, healthy internal relationships.
- Efficiently facilitate, manage expectations for, and coordinate creative projects, including, but not limited to: print and digital deliverables, videography, and photography.
- Facilitate creative development of new and existing projects, including: creative requests, appropriate proofing, internal routing, gathering approval and pushing through to relevant parties.
- Work collaboratively with Carnegie Dartlet team members to ensure the timely and successful delivery of creative deliverables.
- Communicate clearly the progress of deliverables to internal stakeholders and ensure internal collaboration, smooth handoffs, and consistent communication.
- Maintain established processes and regularly recommend improvements and efficiencies.
- Participate in weekly traffic call, coming prepared with creative resource availability and recommendations for creative resource assignments, resource shuffling, and/or priority discussions.
- Develop Asana tasks and creative timelines in concert with Account Manager and proactively update those tasks and timelines as needs, expectations, or realities change.
- Create needed asset lists and ensure Account Manager is equipped to facilitate client requests.
- Ensure creative resources are appropriately prepared for assigned tasks, have adequate availability, and are given suitable runways in which to complete their work.
- Advocate for creative team concerns, needs, timelines, and dependencies.
- Help problem solve and facilitate discussion when issues arise that negatively affect the creative team.
- Streamline, capture, and document existing creative processes and champion adoptance and adherence.
- Iterate, improve, and optimize processes and procedures to benefit internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities and processes which foster greater efficiency for all involved.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Expert project management skill set.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and subcontracted staff and coordinate many moving parts efficiently.
- Self-motivated and highly professional demeanor.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Strong and ethical team player driven to help others.
- Experience managing projects and processes.
- Ability to manage ever-changing resource availability.
- Realistic mindset that manages risk conservatively.
- Perpetual pursuit of efficiency and efficacy in processes.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, change, conflict and continuous process improvements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and project management software.
Credentials and Experience:
- College graduate
- 1-3 years project management experience
- Previous traffic management strongly preferred
- Previous marketing or communications experience strongly preferred
- Interest in the higher education space is a plus.
Access to Protected Information Privacy and Security Responsibilities:
Responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected business information and assets. Follow security policies and procedures affecting your job, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach to ownership.
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.