Assistant Director of Digital Strategy
The Assistant Director of Digital Strategy will work closely with the Director of Digital Strategy to lead a Digital team consisting of digital strategists. As an Assistant Director, you will help define scope and provide recommendations for our higher education clients’ campaigns across a wide spectrum of strategies, including paid search, social media, Retargeting, Display, video, and device and IP Targeting. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for managing the successful implementation and ongoing optimization/pacing of all campaigns. This position will play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as the digital strategy expert for the client as well as the team, but is also someone who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The candidate will thrive on a rapidly growing team and enjoy a fast-paced environment, valuing teamwork and shared success. While Carnegie Dartlet is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, candidates should be open to working in our office in Westford, Massachusetts, in the future.
- Drive campaign strategy development, including proposal creation and digital execution to meet our clients’ marketing goals and objectives
- Manage a digital strategist team, including onboarding, ongoing performance evaluation, and mentoring of staff
- Lead and work collaboratively with the digital specialists to successfully build and implement campaigns as well as ensure ongoing account maintenance/optimizations
- Play a key role to strengthen and expand business with current clients and help build relationships with new digital clients
- Perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results, providing recommendations for budgetary or strategy adjustments
- Ensure that all client reporting properly communicates the goals of each campaign and effectively positions key takeaways, recommendations, and next steps
- Drive adoption of standards, supporting digital best practices and key digital metrics
- Work collaboratively with the Account Management team to drive strategy and ensure client success
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices with an understanding of how they can be applied to campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Advertising
- 3–5 years of demonstrable success in digital advertising campaign management (or relevant experience)
- 3–5 years working with clients
- Prior supervision or management of staff
- Proven ability to nurture and retain client and employee relationships
- Expertise in optimizing campaigns and bid strategy according to client KPIs
- Ability to use Google Analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns beyond the initial interaction
- Knowledge and interest in the higher education space a plus
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills a must
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and make innovative recommendations that drive client goals
- High levels of autonomy and self-motivation
- Expert knowledge of Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Facebook Business and Ads Manager, Twitter Campaign Manager, and Snapchat Ads (DV360 & Microsoft Ads experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Data Studio or other reporting software a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools a plus
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.