Carnegie Dartlet’s Design Strategist is a creative and visual problem solver with passion for strategy, design, typography, imagery, and diverse visual communication principles for strategic storytelling. Must be able to interpret data and strategy into visual outcomes. Must have above average organizational and time management skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and needs to team members.
The Design Strategist will be responsible for everything from original concepting of new designs and identities, to client workshop participation and strategic sessions, and diverse print and digital production. Carnegie Dartlet specializes in producing advertising, marketing, and communications campaigns and materials for mid- and large-sized companies across the nation and internationally in the higher education, healthcare, destination, athletics, and financial sectors.
While the breadth of the Design Strategist’s duties is wide, these tasks are common:
- Producing diverse print and digital media, with an eye to both fine detail and macro storytelling.
- Conceptualization and origination of concepts, then follow-through to execution, and
- Occasionally attend and engage in live, strategic, creative workshop blitzes on-site.
- Self-management of workloads under tight deadlines.
- Working collaboratively with our remote team.
A Designer Strategist must possess a wide range of abilities, which will include:
- At least 4 years of related professional experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and MacOffice, with some knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
- Very specifically – a high ability in InDesign, Photoshop, and to a lesser extent Illustrator.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic Design or Fine Arts or related field.
- A proven track record in the planning and execution of a wide variety of design projects.
- The ability to understand the communication needs of clients, consumers, and target
- The ability to inspire confidence during client interactions.
- Industry-wide Top 10% emotional and social intelligence.
- Industry-wide Top 10% strategic communications
- Thirst for creative challenges and visual problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The drive to help team success and aid in bringing unity to many moving
- The insight to identify problems, communicate them with others, and take measures to rectify them.
- The resilience to work across a number of projects and balance a work
- An enthusiasm for graphic creation and applied
Carnegie Dartlet’s Design Strategist must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field. At least 4 years of integrated corporate- and client-side experience in design, illustration, multimedia, or a related industry. Proven results creating complex communication projects, with a strong portfolio of demonstrated successful case studies is required.
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.