Email Marketing Strategist
Location: Westford, MA
Carnegie is looking for a full-time Email Marketing Strategist who will be responsible for building and maintaining the communications strategy for our CollegeXpress division. The ideal candidate will create compelling content and workflows for each of our audiences (ranging from high school and college to international, graduate, and parents), conduct experiments, and provide the marketing team with data to continue optimizing campaigns.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Leading the email communications strategy for each specific CollegeXpress audience set and building workflows and proper segmentation that back into the company’s business goals for each audience
- Acting as the main copywriter of all emails
- Ongoing A/B testing and using the data to continually improve campaigns
- Analyzing performance to identify opportunities for growth while providing daily, weekly, and monthly reporting
- Building automations/trigger content from actions on our website to email outreach
- Day-to-day management of email campaigns, including: reviewing deliverability, testing/QA-ing sends, ensuring mobile/tablet optimization, and daily data collection/review
- Working with the Marketing, Content, and Partnership teams to:
- Develop email campaigns that convert
- Provide recommendations on design and copy based on data and testing
- Be agile in terms of building campaigns/content that are connected to what's happening in other areas of CollegeXpress
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, communications, marketing, public relations)
- 2–4 years of experience with:
- Managing dynamic email campaigns and developing communication strategies
- Systems such as Iterable, Klavyio, Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo
- Google Analytics
- Data obsessive
- Exceptional conversion-driven copywriting skills
- Analytical mindset to interpret data to make informed decisions
- Results-oriented thinker
- Ability to manage numerous campaigns and audience sets and continually optimize them
- Knowledge of email best practices and regulations (CAN-SPAM, ADA, GDPR)
- Independent and self-motivated worker who’s willing to take on a role that has not existed before within our company and building it
Skills preferred but not required:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.