Paid Search Specialist
As a Paid Search Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the creation, successful implementation, and ongoing optimization of PPC and digital display campaign activities for our education clients. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Digital Strategy, you will work closely with our entire Digital Marketing Team on the day-to-day management of Carnegie Dartlet’s high value clients. This will include all aspects of paid search, display, Retargeting, and YouTube campaigns. The Paid Search Specialist is responsible for keyword research, the creation of copy as well as the day-to-day management of campaigns to ensure we’re effectively utilizing our budgets; identifying performance successes, issues, and trends; and implementing basic optimizations to ensure we’re meeting our clients’ marketing goals.
- Lead the day-to-day strategy and execution of a client’s paid search campaigns including keyword development, bidding strategy, ad group and campaign set up, execution details, and overall goal achievement
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, impression share, quality score, and other important campaign metrics
- Create ad copy aligned with PPC and display advertising best practices
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, and other facets of paid search in accordance with client goals
- Monitor and evaluate search performance and generate regular client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, and other paid search KPIs and deliver insightful client reports and recommendations
- Collaborate strategically with other internal specialists including the Account Strategy team, Paid Social Media Strategist, and other key digital team members to develop fully integrated campaigns to meet client goals
- Keep pace with search engine and PPC industry trends and developments
- Minimum of 2 years working with paid search
- Bachelor's degree required, Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Proficient in Google Ads running paid search and display campaigns (DV360 & Microsoft Ads experience are a plus)
- Ability to independently create strategic build-outs that clearly align with client’s goals and objectives.
- Comfortable with keyword discovery and optimization and experience with writing best practice ad copy
- Full understanding of search KPI’s and business metrics
- Able to manage high-value clients with monthly budgets of $10,000 or higher
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Clear communication skills, both internally and externally; Can confidently speak to campaign performance with clients and with internal digital team members
- Proficient with Google Ads, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrates problem solving skills, utilizing resources to troubleshoot arising issues before escalating to senior team members
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.