Senior Social Media Manager
This position is not currently available, to see all of our job openings visit: https://www.carnegiedartlet.com/about/join-our-team/
The Senior Social Media Manager will be responsible for helping Carnegie’s Digital division set social media strategy and working with team members to ensure we are meeting our higher education clients’ goals and objectives. Reporting to the AVP of Digital Strategy, you will work closely with the entire Digital Marketing team on everything from social media strategy to the day-to-day management of Carnegie’s valued clients. This includes all aspects of social media advertising across top platforms including but not limited to Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, streaming platforms, and more. The Senior Social Media Manager will not only help guide and support the Digital team but will also spearhead the overall growth of social media throughout Carnegie and with our higher education clients.
It is important to note that this role is currently focused entirely on paid social media advertising; this is not an organic social media position, and as such, the Senior Social Media Manager must be an expert at running paid advertising on the top social media platforms. In this role, you will:
- Architect social media advertising plans driven by our clients’ business marketing goals and objectives
- Work with internal Digital teams and help them develop social media strategy as well as implement effective tactical plans for select clients
- Spearhead the growth of social media campaigns across new and existing clients as the social media subject matter expert and present on client pitches as needed
- Perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results and provide recommendations for budgetary adjustments
- Oversee and ensure that ongoing account maintenance/optimization activities and best practices are consistent across all our Digital strategy teams
- Drive the adoption of standards, supporting social media advertising best practices and key digital metrics
- Train, mentor, and onboard new social media staff as well as provide clear and effective feedback to junior team members on campaign buildouts and setups
- Manage a Social Media Specialist with the possibility of additional direct reports
- Provide ongoing education for both the Digital team and our clients on any relevant industry changes
- Act as Carnegie’s social media thought leader by being active on our own social channels, writing blogs, conducting webinars, and delivering live conference presentations
- Serve as Carnegie’s point of contact with our designated platform reps across channels
- Create and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring success and impact of social media campaigns
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in social media marketing, appropriately applying this knowledge to client campaigns
- Work with internal Digital teams to test new products, formats, and strategies
- Drive ongoing A/B testing of creative, copy, audience, and campaign objectives
- Five to seven years of experience with social media advertising (please note this is not an organic social media role)
- Bachelor's degree required; Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Expertise in running social media advertising campaigns in Facebook Business and Ads Manager and LinkedIn Campaign Manager a must (other social and streaming platforms a plus)
- Proficient with social media platform targeting types, including behavioral, lead gen, list-based, high-intent, look-alike audiences, etc.
- Skilled in optimizing campaigns and executing overall strategy according to each client’s KPIs and measuring results
- Ability to independently create strategic buildouts with proper audience targeting that clearly align with client goals and objectives
- Proficient in writing best practice ad copy for paid social marketing campaigns that aligns with clients’ branding and style guidelines as well as their goals and objectives
- Full understanding of paid social media KPIs and business metrics
- Ability to manage high-value clients with monthly budgets of $10,000 or higher
- Clear communication skills, both internally and externally; ability to confidently speak about campaign performance with clients and with internal Digital team members
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Passion for social media and staying up-to-date with changes, trends, and best practices
- Excellent attention to detail as well as analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Data Studio or other reporting software a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools a plus
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.