This position is not currently available, to see all of our job openings visit: https://www.carnegiedartlet.com/about/join-our-team/
Carnegie Dartlet is looking for an experienced, exceptionally skilled higher education enrollment and communications expert to join its team as a Senior Strategist. Carnegie Dartlet’s Senior Strategists occupy a diversely skilled role on projects, able to lead clientele, teammates, projects, and deliverables across a variety of products and services within the areas of research and strategy. The Senior Strategist plays a pivotal role leading projects by developing and presenting strategic enrollment, communications, and marketing recommendations and outcomes both colleague- and client-side. Gathering key data that ensures strategies are well informed and laid out, a Senior Strategist knows the Carnegie Dartlet team and clients well and generates plans and strategies to ensure reputation elevation.
Presentation and in-room leadership skills are paramount, as is the Senior Strategist’s critical thinking, ability to imagine and build clear and insightful deliverables, and involving, inspiring, and informing cross-disciplinary team members. Senior Strategists have a passion for understanding the client and consumer and will encourage colleagues to feel the same. Solving problems with a balanced analytical and creative mind will ensure strategies are productive and generate client satisfaction. Senior Strategists thrive both working alone and in a team setting, and help turn less experienced team members into mature, skillful professionals by setting the standard.
A successful candidate for this Senior Strategist position would ideally have experience and highly developed skills in the areas of enrollment management and communications. It is often at the intersection of these two areas that Carnegie Dartlet serves its clients, and therefore, experience in student recruitment and enrollment is paramount, in addition to communications and marketing expertise.
While the breadth of the Senior Strategist’s duties is intentionally wide, these duties are integral to the role:
- Leading and participating in integrated teams across the areas of research, strategy, content, and creative that conduct mixed methods research to provide strategic insights, inform communications and marketing execution, and ultimately elevate institutional reputation.
- Facilitating high volume, qualitative research workshops.
- Conducting systems audits for enrollment, admissions, marketing and communications.
- Specifically, enrollment and communications-flow audits to assess systems, structures, recruitment/enrollment strategies, segmentation, and communications execution.
- Developing strong relationships internally and externally that provide a foundation for driving outcomes
- Gathering data to develop well-informed and effective strategic outcomes.
- Overseeing cross-disciplinary contributions in order to achieve a holistic result.
- Leading the development of client deliverables that meet and go beyond client needs.
- Delivering presentations and leading client-side conference calls.
- Researching clients, markets, and consumers to understand landscapes and objectives.
- Solving problems of any and all varieties in a self-sufficient manner.
- Producing inventive ideas alongside other members of the Carnegie Dartlet team.
- Inspiring exceptional standards internally and with others.
- Understanding how seemingly disparate data coalesces to bring unusual insight.
The Senior Strategist needs a wide range of abilities, which will include:
- A proven track record in the development of strategic outcomes to achieve goals.
- Exceptional strategic enrollment thinker with a track record of problem solving.
- The ability to understand the needs of clients, consumers, and target audiences.
- The ability to think and act fluidly, decisively, and strategically to develop solutions to problems.
- The ability to directly and indirectly sell products and services by understanding how to recognize opportunities and extend an account and relationship.
- The ability to inspire confidence in V- and C-level executives.
- Industry-wide Top 5% presentation and client-management skills.
- Industry-wide Top 5% emotional intelligence.
- The drive to help others succeed and bring unity to many moving parts.
- The insight to identify problems and take measures to rectify them.
- The resilience to work across a number of projects and balance a work load.
- An enthusiasm for research, strategy, creative and strategic marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, advanced degree preferred.
- At least 12 years of higher education enrollment and communications experience or client-side experience in enrollment, communications, research, or related industry.
- Significant experience in enrollment is preferred.
- Proven results leading strategic projects and inter-disciplinary teams
- References that demonstrate capability to build and sustain strong professional relationships
The Senior Strategist will work from a home office and travel. The successful candidate must be comfortable working and communicating virtually and able to travel up to 2 weeks a month.
Here’s why you should work for us:
Okay, now that you’ve read all the technical stuff…
Looking for a welcoming, upbeat company that supports your professional growth and puts you on the cutting edge of the higher education marketing industry? You should join us! We’re a fast-growing, innovative team within a well-established company with an unmatched reputation.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite parts about working at Carnegie Dartlet:
- Growing company with a family feel
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- Flexible work environment
- Fun office events and laid-back culture
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Industry exposure through Carnegie Dartlet's blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.