Social Media Advertising Specialist
The Social Media Advertising Specialist will be responsible for managing the creation, successful implementation, and ongoing optimization of paid social media campaigns for our higher education clients. Reporting to the Senior Social Media Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the entire Digital Marketing team on the day-to-day management of Carnegie Dartlet’s high-value clients. This will include all aspects of social media advertising across top platforms including but not limited to Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, streaming platforms, and more. The Social Media Advertising Specialist is responsible for audience targeting, the creation of ad copy, as well as the day-to-day management of campaigns to ensure we’re effectively utilizing our budgets; identifying performance successes, issues, and trends; and implementing basic optimizations to ensure we’re meeting our clients’ marketing goals.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of running campaigns on top social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed to different targeted audiences through paid advertising are required. In this role, you will:
- Manage daily execution of paid campaigns across all social platforms
- Continuously monitor and optimize with the goal of consistently improving performance
- Gather, track, and respond to social media campaign results, including conversions, interactions, and engagements
- Monitor and evaluate paid social performance and generate monthly client reporting for all major metrics, tracking goals to deliver insightful client reports and recommendations
- Drive ongoing A/B testing of creative, copy, audience, and campaign objectives
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in social media marketing, appropriately applying this knowledge to client campaigns
- Spearhead the growth of social media campaigns across new and existing clients
- Create and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring success and impact of social media campaigns
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience with paid social media
- Bachelor's degree required; Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Expertise in running social media advertising campaigns in Facebook Business and Ads Manager and LinkedIn Campaign Manager is a must (other social and streaming platforms are a plus)
- Proficient with social media platform targeting types, including behavioral, lead gen, list-based, high-intent, look-alike audiences, etc.
- Skilled in optimizing campaigns and executing overall strategy according to each client’s KPIs and measuring results
- Ability to independently create strategic buildouts with proper audience targeting that clearly align with client goals and objectives
- Proficient in writing best practice ad copy for paid social marketing campaigns that aligns with clients’ branding and style guidelines as well as their goals and objectives
- Full understanding of paid social media KPIs and business metrics
- Ability to manage high-value clients with monthly budgets of $10,000 or higher
- Clear communication skills, both internally and externally; can confidently speak to campaign performance with clients and with internal Digital team members
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, utilizing resources to troubleshoot arising issues before escalating to senior team members
- Passion for social media and staying up-to-date with changes, trends, and best practices
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent attention to detail, plus analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Data Studio or other reporting software a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools a plus
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.