Carnegie Dartlet is looking for a Software Developer with at least 5 years of experience to design, implement, and support custom systems. This newly created position will support our growing company needs and is either a telework position with weekly team meetings in Washington, DC or based in our Westford, MA office. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Relational database skills, including data modeling and SQL; Oracle is a plus.
- Linux and shell tools
- Programming in Python, Python 3, SQLAlchemy
- Web application development experience (we use Flask); front end with CSS (Bootstrap is a plus) and JQuery
- Experience with consuming and producing web services; REST, JSON
- Solid understanding of software development process, change management, and deployment; experience with Mercurial is a plus.
- Independent thinker who is self-motivated and able to work in a team setting
- Ability to communicate technical implications with business team effectively
- Attention to detail and quality while maintaining efficiency in output
- Excitement to learn custom projects and lead development of new projects
Here’s why you should work for us:
Okay, now that you’ve read all the technical stuff…
Looking for a welcoming, upbeat company that supports your professional growth and puts you on the cutting edge of the higher education marketing industry? You should join us! We’re a fast-growing, innovative team within a well-established company with an unmatched reputation.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite parts about working at Carnegie Dartlet:
- Growing company with a family feel
- Flexible work environment
- Fun corporate-wide activities and laid-back culture
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Industry exposure through Carnegie Dartlet's blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.